At Liberty Baptist Church we believe every child of God should know what they believe, and that one of the responsiblilities of the church is to instruct the people of God on the doctrines that the Bible gives to the church to promote and present to all peoples. For that reason we present this statement of faith for our church, we hope these will be informative to anyone who wishes to know and study what we believe as a congregation. All members and visitors have access to the statement of faith at all times, and pamphlets are available at the church which contain these doctrinal statements. May God bless you as you examine these statements.
These things we believe and teach at Liberty Baptist Church as our Statement of Faith:
1.) We Believe in the TRINITY OF GOD. What is the Trinity?(God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, Genesis 1:26; 1 John 5:7) The Father is recognized as God (John 1:18, 2 Corinthians 1:3; 1 Peter 1:2) The Son is recognized as God (Matthew 3:17; 17:5; Mark 9:7; Luke 9:35; John 1:14, John 20:28 Romans 1:4; 2 Peter 1:17) The Holy Spirit is recognized as God (Acts 5:3-4, John 4:24; 16:12-15)
2) The Virgin Birth of Christ. We believe Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit according to Luke 1:34 & 35, and without the help of any human influence, and that Mary was a virgin at the time of his birth. (Isaiah. 7:14, Matthew. 1:18-25 Luke 1:26-35)
3) We believe Man is born totally depraved, and ignorant of God’s Righteousness, and is condemned as a sinner, until convicted and drawn to repentance of their sin by the Holy Ghost, and placed total trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, and regenerated by the Spirit of God. (Luke 13:3, John 3:3-18 6: 37&44, Romans 3:23 5:14 10:9-13, Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:22)
4) We believe Christ lived a sinless, perfect life before God the father, and that this life constitutes His and only His right to be the Savior of the world. (John 8:29, John 17:19, 2 Corinthians. 5:21, 1 Peter. 2:22)
5) We Believe in the Blood Atonement. Jesus Christ’s Blood was Shed on the cross, Presented to the Father as a ransom for the sins of the human race, and Accepted as the only atoning sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. (Isaiah 53:11, 1 John 2:2, Revelation. 1:5, 1 Peter. 1:18-19).
6) Death on the Cross for (All) Mankind. We Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the sin debt to God the Father for the sins of all mankind. (John 3:16, John 12:32, Luke 23:33 Colossians 1:20-22; Ephesians 2:13-22; 1 John 2:2)
7) His Body Resurrection. We believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead bodily, and was seen in that form by many witnesses. (Luke 24:36-43, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, Romans. 10:9)
8) Authorized King James Bible is the only WORD of God preserved, and divinely inspired by the Holy Ghost, and is the final authority for faith and practice in the church. Anyone who teaches from any other version will be considered as teaching false doctrine, and heresy, and if they choose not to repent they will be removed from their position. (Psalm 12:6&7, Psalm 119:89; Romans16:15, 2 Peter. 1:18-21 1 Timothy3:10; Revelation 22:18-19 )
9) We believe salvation is by grace through faith, and that no one can be justified before God without accepting Christ as their personal Savior, and all that come to him according to the scriptures, and call upon Him for salvation will be saved. We also believe after a person is saved salvation will manifest itself in good works. (John 14:6, Romans 10:9-13, 1 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
10) We believe in the One Thousand Year Reign of Christ upon the earth, on the throne of David. (Jeremiah 23:5, 30:9 31:15, 33:17-32; Zechariah 12:10, 14:9, Matthew 19:27-30, 25:31-46, Luke 1:32, Revelation. 20:6)
11) We believe in the literal rapture of the saved, in which God will call away all true born again believers to heaven until the millennial reign, and will leave behind all those who have rejected Jesus Christ as the Savior of the whole world. (Daniel 12:1-3, Matthew 24:36-42, 25:1-13, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 2 Thessalonians2:1)
12) We believe in the time of Jacobs’s trouble, or the tribulation period of seven years in which God will pour out his judgment without mixture and that will be for those left behind after the rapture of the saved, in fulfillment of the seventy week prophecy pronounced upon Israel. (Daniel 9:2, 24-27, Isaiah 65:8&9, Joel 1:15, Zechariah 14, 2&3, Jeremiah 25:11&12, Matthew 24:4-28, Revelation 6:12-17, 12:7&10-12 14:10
13) We believe in a personal manifestation of the Man of Sin or the antichrist, who will be a literal person, not a world system. (Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15, 2 Thessalonians 2:3&4, Revelation 6:1, 11:7, 13:1-11, 12:11)
14) We Believe Christ could come at any time, and that we should watch for his soon coming. Also, that He will come a second time to this earth on a white horse bringing the saints from heaven with Him to reign for one thousand years, and after this period to execute judgment on the wicked at the battle of Armageddon (Matthew 24:29-44, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9, Jude:14-19 Revelation 19:11-12:4)
15) We Baptize in Water (by immersion) all the way under in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Ghost after evidence and confession of salvation. (Matthew 28:19, Matthew3:16 Romans 6:4 Mark 1:10).
16) We Believe in a Personal Devil that is alive, and was cast out of heaven because of sin, and will be cast into the lake of fire forever (Isaiah 14:12-20; Ezekiel 28:14&15, 1 Peter 5:8-9, Revelation 20:10)
17) We Believe in Eternal Salvation, and that believers are kept from falling by the power of God. (John 3:16, John 10:27-30, Ephesians 1:13,4:30, Titus1:2, 1 Peter1:5).
18) We believe in the account of creation given in the Holy Bible, in which God created the heavens and the earth, and all that dwell therein, and that he created man in his own image and after his own likeness, and made a woman from his rib, and all the persons in the world descend from this first family. Also that this first man sinned which caused him and his wife to be cast out of the Garden of Eden, and by this willful sin condemned the whole human race. (Genesis 1-3; Nehemiah 9:6; Psalm 89:11; 102:25; Isaiah 40:22; 42:5; 44:24; 45:12; John 1:1-5).
19) Literal Hell for the lost, in which they will be separated for ever, and after the Great White Throne judgment thrown into the lake of fire. (Luke. 16:19-31 Revelation 20:11-15)
Literal Heaven for the saved in which all nations of them that are saved shall dwell therein forever. (Revelation. 21)
20) We believe the sound Gospel calls for the two sound ordinances spoken of by the apostle Paul. These ordinances which symbolize the Gospel are: Believer’s baptism as symbolic of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, The Lord’s Supper as a memorial meal symbolizing Christ’s atonement through His shed blood and broken body. Communion will be given only to those who are saved, after careful internal examination of their manner of life. (1 Corinthians 11:23-32, Romans 6:3-5).
21) We believe in two resurrections, the first being of the saved at the coming of the Lord in the clouds, and the second following the tribulation period for the lost. (Daniel 12:2, John 5:28&29, Acts 24:15, 1 Corinthians 15:23, Philippians 3:20&21, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Revelation 20:5&6).
22) We believe in two judgments which consist of the saved appearing at the Judgment seat of Christ, to give an account for their service after salvation, at that time Christ will reward every man according to his deeds, and the lost appearing at the Great White Throne to answer for their rejection of Jesus Christ as savior. All those appearing at the white throne will be eternally lost. (Romans 14:10; 2 Corinthians 5:10, Revelation 20:11-15)
23) We believe that God has given the church a great commission to proclaim the Gospel to all nations so that there might be a great multitude from every nation, tribe, ethic group,and language group who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. As ambassadors of Christ, we must use all available means to go to the foreign nations and not wait for them to come to us. We believe this includes home missions as well. (Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8)
24) We believe that the church’s financial needs such as building maintenance, pastoral salary, and basic needs, are to be met by the tithes and offerings of the congregation. (Malachi 3:8-12, 2 Corinthians 9:6&7)
25) We believe marriage is defined by God’s Word as a union between a man (as born at birth) and a woman (as born at birth). (Genesis 2:23-25) a) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate, sexual activity should be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a women. We believe taht any form of homosexualtiy, lesbiansim, bisexualilty, transgenderism, transvestites, LGBTQ, bestality, incest, fornication, adultery, or pornography, is a sinful perversion of God’s gift of sex. We believe God rejects any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or apperance. b) Any person who is a professing homosexual, transgender or LGBTQ will not be admitted to church membership. The Bible plainly condemns this behavior as sin. (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, Romans 1:18-28).
26) We believe the Gospel is the Death Burial and Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that it is the only means by which God’s plan for salvation is presented. (Romans 1:16&17; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8).